The Redentore (Redeemer) Feast is a deeply felt celebration in Venice as it combines religion with entertainment, thanks to the Saturday night phantasmagorical fireworks’ display attracting thousands of visitors: a kaleidoscope of shades, from a game of light and colours on the inimitable setting in St. Mark’s Basin, lights up the spires, domes and bell towers of the city.
- Opening of the Redentore Bridge, connecting the Zattere to the Church of the Redentore on the island of Giudecca. Friday 15th July from 8.00pm until Sunday 17th July 11.59pm
- Fireworks display in St. Mark’s Basin – Saturday 16th July at 11.30 pm (online booking is mandatory)
- Redentore Regattas – Canale della Giudecca, Sunday July 17th
– 4.00 pm children’s twin-oared “pupparini” boat regatta
– 4.45 pm twin-oared “pupparini” boat regatta
– 5.30 pm twin-oared gondola regatta
- Votive Mass at the Chiesa del Redentore on the island of Giudecca, at 7pm
The access to the areas located for the viewing of the fireworks, as well as the boat placements, will be restricted and subdued to booking.